Veterans Services

Veterans Services

The Department of Veterans Affairs or your local Veterans Service Office can assist veterans and family member in applying for and obtaining benefits. The Wake Veterans Services Office (VSO) is available to assist you.

Please contact the VSO at 919-212-VETS.

Your local VSO can assist you and family members with:

  • Disability Benefits
  • Dependent and Survivor
  • Hospital and Medical Care
  • Burial Benefits
  • Education and Training
  • Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Home Loans

Your local VSO can assist in obtaining services from the State of North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs (NCDVA) which provides scholarships for children of certain deceased, disabled or POW/MIA veterans. NCDVA also offers employment hunting and fishing licenses, special auto license plates, certified records and other special programs. The Wake County VSO is available to help access these resources and services.

Other Services that your local VSO can assist with are:

  • Direct access to Veterans Information System (VIMS) to assist in processing VA claims Vet View, which provides general information regarding VA benefits
  • Assistance in obtaining military records from the National Military Records Center Assistance in obtaining official documents from the Register of Deeds, Vital Records and Clerk of Court in Wake County
  • Helping homeless veterans with obtaining military paperwork, employment assistance, medical care and transportation
View Your Community Resource Guide

Thank You for Your Service






Please let us know a little about yourself